Urgent help needed

My Red Dot finder has run out of batteries. It's the standard one that comes with the Heritage (and probably a lot of other scopes) and I know it takes the Lithium 3v CR2302 batteries.

So I went out earlier and bought some Energiser Lithium 3v CR2302 batteries and have been trying both of them for the last 30 minutes and can't get the red dot to light up. With the original battery, even today, it was a very weak light for a few seconds. Now none of them are working, it was a pack of two, and I've tried both of them and the original one.

What do I do?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have a voltmeter or something else that uses CR2032 batteries then I'd check they're working. If they are then I'd check that the connections are being made properly when you put the battery in the RDF. If they are then I'd suspect that the RDF is faulty.

James

i dont know much about them, but lasers power the oposite way to you would normaly energise lamps if its led then polarity is important. is polarity right ?also have you got a multi meter to check voltage of the cells (battaries) i think there 3v each

I've no voltmeter. I need to go on a dig for my mini screwdriver so I can see if there is anything else that I have that I can test the power on the batteries. I'm fairly sure the clip is touching the battery, and I'm sure the polarity is correct. I'll try again though :).

It's still not working, I've tried lots of things but I don't have any silver, is there anything else I could use?

Some folded up tin foil, or a small piece of copper tube flattened out.

James

I'm a little uneasy about mixing two metals with 3V of electricity..... is it safe, or might it excessively heat the battery if I leave it on (which I'll try not to do!)?

EDIT: 3 people saying similar things... should be okay :).

Should I put it underneath the positive side (so it's underneath the battery), or underneath the clip at the top? (between the battery and the metal clip, the metal clip is at the top and the lid for the compartment goes on top of that).

Tried that, still not working.

Is there any way I can take it apart (and then put it back together again) so I can fix it?

Also tried putting aluminium foil underneath the battery and that didn't work.

Archived