Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi res Curiosity decent video coming soon!

Dazzyd

@marscuriosity has just tweeted that the hi res version of the decent video is coming soon (SO hope it's going to be today or tomorrow, it's only just before midday at NASA). This is a 1 frame preview of the heat shield dropping away..... Ooooo I'm excited :D

post-22731-0-66792300-1344451208_thumb.j

@marscuriosity has just tweeted that the hi res version of the decent video is coming soon (SO hope it's going to be today or tomorrow, it's only just before midday at NASA). This is a 1 frame preview of the heat shield dropping away..... Ooooo I'm excited :D

Wow that looks quite a bit better than the thumbnail version doesnt it. cant wait to see this thanks for the update

The processing on these releases are very natural and any messing will affect that. But to me the contrast is seriously low. Just for fun ive been playing with all the releases to see what can be changed. heres a couple of examples. This could also be done with frames when they are released for a more high contrast sharpened motion film

Sharp and smooth version

7742669272_1fbc96ecdf_o.png

No smoothing

7742664426_3213a98681_o.png

You should be on the NASA team Neil!

Man that video is gonna be good! Looks like the only chance of seeing a planet right now the way the cloud situation is lol

Lol Stuart i wish, a nice pad in california. astronomy everyday. A decent wage The stuff dreams are made off. I reckon there busy. and not bothering with processing yet. so much on there plate i guess.

Roll on the full res colour panorama

Yeah, I see what you mean. Your adjustments make it look nicer. Perhaps they will adjust them later. I reckon they're just posting stuff on the net as soon as it's available.

Agreed that is what is happening. the raw image page also has images that can be combined that they havent even bothered with. i joined two of them last night as a experiment

That image is possibly one of the defining moments of this year. Such a beautiful image.

Whilst I am not against the Lympiks, There are plenty of people celebrating all our medal wins. I'll celebrate this acheivement which managed to get news columns against stiff competition.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived