Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Back in the saddle with the Witches Broom in Ha.

Spikey

Great to be out imaging again for the first time in months :grin:

All the usual woes with equipment refusing to work after being inactive for so long, this wasted Sundays clear night.

Fortunately it was clear again last night so after some guiding troubles with Maxim (relegated in favour of PHD for this image) this is the result.

Witches broom - 14x600secs, Baader 7nm Ha, Atik16HR + SWED80/FR. Minimal processing in Photoshop and no calibration frames at all. Looking forward to adding some OIII to this in the future.

gallery_11568_1251_129085.jpg

Very nice; depending on where you are in Crewe, I'm sure that narrow-band will be the only way to get decent shots like this, due the LP :sad:

I'm hoping for a clear sky on Friday, too, when I'll be back in Nantwich.

I'm in Wistaston, so in-between :)

I can filter a certain amount out with RGB filters and also an LP filter when using the DSLR but my main views are over to the North East and the East which is looking strainght at the Railway junction with it's massive sets of powerful floodlights which are pointing outwards and not down.

But NB does tend to ignore most of the LP and cut through it. More data needed on this subject ! I might start it again from scratch as I've not framed it very well. Should be looking smoother with double the subs and the same again with OIII to add a touch of colour.

Thanks for the comments it is appreciated; It's the first time I've tried to image the broom, thats why its not framed very well :)

I was just pleased to get the kit dusted off and be out imaging again.

Hope we get a few more clear spells soon !

Archived