Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The sun has got his hat on!

sallystar

Well if he has actually got his hat on then we are all in for a bit of a shock!

The solar filter is firmly attached to the telescope and I'm going to spend a

lovely afternoon in the sun.

Isn't life grand sometimes!

Enjoy the sun everyone while it lasts!

I have had a brilliant afternoon with my telescope in the sunshine. I managed to find all the current sun

spots and I wonder if anyone can answer a question for me. One of the sunspots had a light crazing pattern

around it and can't work out what would cause that. Any info would be welcome.

Out all day in the Sun, I come home and realise that because I didn't wear glasses, I burnt some part of my eye, possibly my eyeball. It was pretty painful, but is better now it's had ice on. Other than that it was a great day, I did look at the Sun yesterday through my own filter, and the Sun was oddly quiet, only one Sunspot I could make out.

Out all day in the Sun, I come home and realise that because I didn't wear glasses, I burnt some part of my eye, possibly my eyeball. It was pretty painful, but is better now it's had ice on. Other than that it was a great day, I did look at the Sun yesterday through my own filter, and the Sun was oddly quiet, only one Sunspot I could make out.

The sun was quite quiet today too. I hope your eye is ok.

The sun was quite quiet today too. I hope your eye is ok.

It should be, being sunburn it's temporary, and is getting better by the hour. It's no longer painful, and sensitivity is back to normal.

I have had a brilliant afternoon with my telescope in the sunshine. I managed to find all the current sun

spots and I wonder if anyone can answer a question for me. One of the sunspots had a light crazing pattern

around it and can't work out what would cause that. Any info would be welcome.

What type of filter do you have? I have wanted to purchase a filter to view the faculae on the sun but I never knew which type to buy. Please send me a link. Thanks!!

What type of filter do you have? I have wanted to purchase a filter to view the faculae on the sun but I never knew which type to buy. Please send me a link. Thanks!!

I used a home made solar filter made with baader solar film. It seems to work well as the sun spots are

easily seen along with faculae.

Archived