Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Explore scientific ep on ebay

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an used eyepiece. The seller is a trader who buy used equipment from various classified and then resale it at a higher price for a profit.

I'd guess it's the same eyepiece that was sold on ABS for £250 about 2 weeks ago.

i have bought of this ebay shop and they seem fine, but that e.p. is a bit dear

I agree. I've bought from that seller too and was pleased with both the service, the item and the price. This particular item is priced too highly though and was almost certainly bought at a lower price but isn't that the way that a business works ?

We aim to keep our classifieds here free from this as far as possible though. Last time around we actually had (thankfully few) members buying from our classifieds on behalf of traders which was very difficult to police if you think about it :undecided:

If that is the case then everyone should black this guy!

Alan

A trader's service could be useful some of the time. Occasionally you see people leaving the hobby and want to sell all their equipments in one go, only traders are likely to come up with the cash to buy several grand worth of equipments. However, it also very annoying they go on ABS and snap up all the bargains and they are the reason why we lost the "For Sale" forum last year. This guy is probably the most prolific ebay trader, but there are a few others.

In my view there are too many people in the world trying to rip each other off. I will give you all a story that happened to me only a few weeks ago. I assure this is the truth!

My Brother sadly passed away, he had a static caravan which he had owned for 20 months. He paid 16,000 for it they offered me 2,500, and that's business. Now I know that is maybe an extrem but it's the same principal. They would resell that foe 4 times that price.

I have some very nice gear to sell and when I can advertise under the rules of the site I will. I hope this is before I come to England in mid August, I won't be ripping anyone off.

Alan.

Hi Guys

This guy has not done his home work ,you can buy this eyepiece new ,with 20% vat, £55.00 postage £13.00 handling charge

and would only be £4.00 more than this guy is charging

clear skies

Hi Guys

This guy has not done his home work ,you can buy this eyepiece new ,with 20% vat, £55.00 postage £13.00 handling charge

and would only be £4.00 more than this guy is charging

clear skies

You have a very good point here. Explore Scientific 20mm 100deg is on sale in the US for $400USD each at OPT and Astronomics.

So if you but from US...do they mark it gift so you can get away with the duty and taxes ?? Thanks

If you know your history Al Capone was jailed for tax evasion :police::eek: so no they will not make it a gift, customs would look up the price on there computers and charge you top price VAT

and they would then report the company to USA customs "DOH"

Ha Ha just checking...only because I have seen some adverts on ebay stating gift from usa....lol

Never noticed these adds before but will keep my eyes open for them :laugh:

I will say that I have the 9mm and find if amazing and will try and get the 20mm but I am trying to justify the cost as I already have a lovely 17mm and 22mm nagler

If that is the case then everyone should black this guy!

Alan

So if you got a box of 20 new spc900 webcams off a car boot for a tenner, you would sell them for 50p each? I think not, I think you would put them on ebay hoping to get £50 or more each, same as the rest of us :eek::grin:

What I would ask is, are those going on about getting these ep's cheaper...shopping at places like opt ? If so how much duty, tax etc do you pay to get it to england....is it worthwhile considering to shop in america?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have brought from over sea's ... a Canon DSLR form Hong kong and saved over £100 on UK price and had to pay nothing extra (shhh don't tell customs that they missed a trick). But I brought some parts from Starlight Instruments direct for $350 and had to pay about £70 extra on VAT and handling ... kind of feel you takes your chance.

regards to all

What I would ask is, are those going on about getting these ep's cheaper...shopping at places like opt ? If so how much duty, tax etc do you pay to get it to england....is it worthwhile considering to shop in america?

Thanks

Andy

The import duty varies depending on item, but it's around 3.X%. You also need to add VAT to that. For simplicity the final cost will be around (total price + shipping)*1.25

Hi Andy,

I have brought from over sea's ... a Canon DSLR form Hong kong and saved over £100 on UK price and had to pay nothing extra (shhh don't tell customs that they missed a trick). But I brought some parts from Starlight Instruments direct for $350 and had to pay about £70 extra on VAT and handling ... kind of feel you takes your chance.

regards to all

Thanks .....I totally agree, I suppose at least If you pay FULL WACK in England , its easier to sort out any problems If you have them...glad of sites like abs ..... :laugh:

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

On most things you buy here in britain , but there are times when they are cheaper just work it out this is one of them if you buy from OPT sale price for the 20mm 100 FOV you would save £75:75

even more on the 9mm 100 FOV

there are time you will not save on things like Tele Vue , they work out the same

Archived