Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sentinal / Revelation & the EQ3

Rob

Just had a chat with the chap @ Telescope house. Said he's not quite sure if I'll be able to attach the scope to my EQ3?!!! :shock: :clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2:

Hope he's wrong?. I would have thought I'd need 80 / 100 mm rings?.

Idea's?.

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Teleskop Service offer a dovetail arrangement for the EQ3. Which means you can stick the tube rings on the Revelation or Sentinel and attach it to a short dovetail plate, then use it with the EQ3. In short it's not a problem but you may have to figure in some extra cost.

You can then also add a dovetail to the Skymax and have an easy way of swapping between scopes as well.

Or sell the 150 on the EQ3 and buy an EQ5 to replace it. This will also make the 150 a whole lot more saleable. There was a really nice Orion Skyview Pro mount that sold on Ebay last week for £150.

Just my 2p worth

Russ

Russ -- Had a look and found that to cost another £52 euro!.. A fine sugesstion for sure, however I'm then pushing toward a Orion ED80 from SCS @ £339?.

Oh blast it!!... so had my heart set!. Lets see how Steve gets on.

Fingers crossed

Rob

I have spoke to TS about the adapter plate & dovetails. Came back and said 88 euro + 19 euro del. They claim the adapter plate will fit the EQ3 ok, I must say I do have doubts as the EQ3 has a dove tail recess on the top... will I need a plate to fill that recess do you think?.

Rob

Hi,

I found the following scope sold by TS that seems similar to the Sentinal.... this baby uses rings to connect to the mount!!. Is there hope yet that I may get away with connecting the Sentinal 80mm to my EQ3 with 90mm rings?.

http://www.teleskop-service.com/refractors/start/refractorsstart.html#TSR805

The model in question is - TS RFT 805 - 80/500mm .... Compact All Purpose Telescope

Which to be fair looks a nice bit of kit!!

Rob

Hi,

I found the following scope sold by TS that seems similar to the Sentinal.... this baby uses rings to connect to the mount!!. Is there hope yet that I may get away with connecting the Sentinal 80mm to my EQ3 with 90mm rings?.

Rob,

Measure the distance between the ring conections on the EQ3/2 my guess is that you'll find that its longer than the tube body on a 80mm f6 scope (say 350-450mm?).

I can't see how the TS refractor is going to fit either if you have the EQ3/2 with the integral dovetail.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Archived