Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BBC "This Week" Program last night

Tinker1947

Prof Brian Cox appeared on the program, love him or hate him he come over i thought very well, with a quote that i won't type but will remember for many a year, if you missed the program it will be on BBC IPlayer....

Was that the quote about bailouts and 2012 years?

I just caught him on BBC Wales. I thought he came over very well and it was a good quote. Something worth throwing back at all those people who say it's a waste of money, too.

James

Prof Brian Cox appeared on the program, love him or hate him
I'm not a fan of Cox when he's doing his popularising / patronising role. However, when he's talking to "grown-ups" he's an entirely different speaker and I have a lot of time for that side of his persona.

What he said on This Week (on iPlayer, from 35:00 minutes in) was thoughtful and considered - if it does stray into politics.

I thought he was much better than expected in a situation where he might have been taken too lightly. His comment that the UK has spent more on bank bailouts recently than it has on science since the time of Jesus was cause for thought. :eek:

I thought he was much better than expected in a situation where he might have been taken too lightly. His comment that the UK has spent more on bank bailouts recently than it has on science since the time of Jesus was cause for thought. :eek:

One of the reasons I don't watch it regularly is that Andrew Neil has an irritating habit of jumping in and trivialising things when someone is actually making an interesting point. BC pretty much managed not to let that happen even when AN started wittering on about jet packs, so I think he did well.

James

Archived