Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Bubble nebula

jimao22

Hi again,

I had 3 full nights on the row for astronomy and this is my second deep-sky object aimed.

I like bubble nebula very much and I will work more to improve these images in the future nights.

Set up - that from the signature (the AT8IN)

12 x 600 sec H-alpha 34nm

9 x 60 sec R,G,B bin 2

Stack in MaximDL, levels and curves in PS2.

Ha:HaGB

group1_hahagb_resized_495.png

• 3 months later...

Thanks to all for the nice words, but that was not so good image. This is good...

It was made with the Equinox 80/500 and Halpha filter 7 nm, 20 exp x 600 sec, -5 degree sensor, ATIK 314L+ camera and guiding with ORION 80/400 and ORION SSAG. The mount is EQ6 on EQMOD. Acquisition with MaximDL, cbubble_halpha_600sec_110.pngalibration with 10 darks and then processing with PS2 - level and curves.

• 9 months later...

This is my try to Bubble from this year, with my new set-up (MN190) from my new observatory. 14 exposures x 900 sec each, Ha 7nm Baader, MN190 on EQ6/EQMOD, guided by SSAG on 50mm finder. Captured, calibrated and stacked with MaximDL, the rest with StarTools (great software !!).

The acquisitions are the same but the processing was different - one is showing the filament structure of hydrogen clouds and the other, the density of hydrogen clouds.

post-10239-0-55580500-1374704293_thumb.j

post-10239-0-91487000-1374704317_thumb.j

And because I told you about StarTools and how pleased I am with it, I will show you a different approach using StarTools on the picture above, made last year with the Equinox, in Ha too. No other exposures, just processed in StarTools, same frames.bubble_startools_127.png

Last night I made 13x900 sec exposures on same Bubble, with OIII Baader filter. I kept only 9 to be processed but I used a different path to do this, because with StarTools I didn't achieve great results. So, I did calibrated and stacked with Maxim, than levels and curves with PS2, than back to Maxim with Ha and OIII, combine colors, assigning Ha=R, Ha=G, OIII=B, than linear stretch in Maxim again, and here you have the result. If weather still good, some SII exposures will follow, to see what is happen.

bubble_ha_ha_oiii_1_1_1_797.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I made 13x900 sec exposures on same Bubble, with OIII Baader filter. I kept only 9 to be processed but I used a different path to do this, because with StarTools I didn't achieve great results. So, I did calibrated and stacked with Maxim, than levels and curves with PS2, than back to Maxim with Ha and OIII, combine colors, assigning Ha=R, Ha=G, OIII=B, than linear stretch in Maxim again, and here you have the result. If weather still good, some SII exposures will follow, to see what is happen.

bubble_ha_ha_oiii_1_1_1_797.jpg

Awesome!!

Merci beaucoup! Tu est tres gentil. C'est une essai, pas une performance.

I made the final job for this picture, acquisition for SII. The color was obtained same way I did it last time (for the moment I don't know other way to do this) - I made calibration and stacking for each channel, separate, in Maxim and than I used the "combine color" feature from Maxim to obtain an RGB picture. The problem was to "weight" the colors to obtain white stars, so I used StarTools and the "Color" feature of this program and pointing to a star (assuming it was a G2V star - I didn't check anyway), this happens asap.

Perhaps someone else have better way to do this.

I know I do have some artifacts on stars (from Ha aggressive processing) but I promise I will do my best in the future.

In case someone of you want to try, I can send the .fit files. My only request is that the result to be posted here.

Thank you!

bubble_sii_ha_oiii_2_1_3_1024x768_218.jpg

Archived