Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

turtle wax original for dob bearings

I'm not familiar with the main ingrediant of Turtle Wax but for decades, Simonize car wax was the best because of its canuba ingrediant, which takes a long time to dry, thus leaving a "slippery" finish when buffed off. If Turtle Wax does not have this material, looking for one that does should work much better.

And what about a teflon based lubricant? Seems to me that would be the best choice.

Do a search on Cloudynights on the subject.

All the car waxes have been tested and it seems that Turtle Wax gives the best results. I've tried Teflon lubricants and they're not too good compared to the Turtle Wax. Silicone based sprays work fairly well but need re-doing more often.

John

Silicone sprays? The corner shop sells a spray, its a starch spray with silicone, it helps when ironing clothes, would this be any use? (for the dob, not for the ironing)

I use 3-in-1 Silicone Lubricant which is made by the same company as WD40. It doesn't say what else is in it but I certainly wouldn't put it on the washing! Can't remember where I got it but Halfords certainly sell it: http://www.halfords....tegoryId_255223

Got some bottled turtle wax original, just gave both of the dobs a good going over, the 8" is now finished and reassembled and it is far, far better than it ever was. The 10" was already very smooth to begin with, so I'm going this is going to save me getting a lazy Susan, my diy skills leave much to be desired.

Archived