Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Albiero double

I managed an hour or so last night starting about 21:30. I planned on just having a mooch round visually but t about 22:00 I noticed that Cygnus, or more specifically, Albiero, had hove into view over the neighbours rooftop. I was reminded of the lovely image Blink posted a week or so ago and decided to have a look myself. I could see it naked eye but the scope/tripod was just a touch too low. I left the scope tracking along the neighbours guttering and went inside for a cuppa. Half an hour later when I checked, Albiero was nicely centered in the eyepiece. It look so nice I couldn't resist lugging the lappy and Toucam out to catch a quick image. :D

P.S. The tiny speck at far left central is the mag 8.96 SAO 87310.

albiero.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Albireo annual proper motion 0.01 arc seconds. Physically connected, but no orbital motion has been detected

The A star, has a spectroscopic companion, but too close for telescopic resolution. The B companion show a hydrogen emission spectrum.

The distance between the two components could be filled with 55 Solar Systems edge to edge.

Information from our good friend Robert Burnham. I love these books.

That's a lovely picture of the pair L48.

Ron. :wink:

Archived