NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Antares region

PaulKummer

It seems a long time since I had an image to post - but a holiday in the South of France has helped:)

This is a two pane mosaic taken with a 35mm lens on an Atik 314L. The eastern pane suffered from dew problems so is short of subs but it's not come out to badly. Hope you like it.

Details:

Taken from the clear skies of Etoile St Cyrice

Canon 35mm USM L f1.4 at f3.2

Atik 314L, Geoptik adaptor

iEQ45 mount - unguided

600s subs - W panel RGB 6:6:5, E panel RGB 6:3:3

Acquisition - MaximDL, processing - PI, PS.

Paul

post-27387-133877783676_thumb.jpg

Full size image is here:

http://paulandelainephotography.smugmug.com/Astro/Deep-Space/17772758_chDxKg#!i=1883013718&k=pDgTVXv&lb=1&s=O

That really does work as an image, Paul. Great composition for the dust lanes. I was seriously impressed that you were up for taking off the lens for each filter change, something I would have baulked at doing, but it was clearly well worth it. Also excellent processing of the dew-affected side to balance it up seamlessly with the unaffected one.

This is a tree skimmer from here so the result is all the more impressive.

Olly

Thanks all for your kind comments.

....... I was seriously impressed that you were up for taking off the lens for each filter change, something I would have baulked at doing .....

Olly

Olly, I think your words at the time were "must be mad!" - and I think you were right! Removing the lens was not too much of a problem - the mount only moved slightly and this was easily handled. The difficult bit was re-threading the filters with the camera pointing horizontally. One slip and the filter would be nicely fingerprinted or down on the floor. Good job it was warm enought to work without gloves - that would be mad :grin:

Paul

Archived