Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn Afocally!

Hi

This is my very first planetary image and it was taken from a short video. I took the video with a Nikon S3100 through a 9mm Plossl all attached to my little skywatcher heritage 130p.

I thought I would try my hand with registax (God only knows how that works, but it did something) and I have to say I am very pleased with the result.

John

post-31116-133877782795_thumb.jpg

Thats very nice for an afocal shot of saturn, its quite large though considering you took it through a 9mm ep on a 650mm fl scope, doesnt look half that big in my 130p with a 7mm! Presume you barlowed too? Or resized? Bravo either way :D

Thanks everybody for your encouraging replys, especially those convincing me to spend money...............but I am going to take lots of time to move from one stage to another.

Anweniel, I took the video through a Nikon Coolpix S3100 14 megapixel point and shoot at full magnification. I cropped the 10 mp or more of nothing so I think that maybe why it looks big. I dont really know what I was doing but it seemed to work. Believe me in my 9mm ep it looks like a white disc with a ring of white round it about 6mm across.

Regards

john

Archived