Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Whale and Hockeystick short data.

ollypenrice

Alas, not one of our 22 hour galaxy projects because the weather throughout Europe seems dire. We'll doubtless go for more but this had 5 hours in luminance and 4.5 hours (90 mins per channel) in colour. It needs the same again to present fullsize but Yves' is a big chip so it can go to 50%.

Still struggling with flats so in the end only the L had a 50% dose of flats and the RGB I flattened successfully in Pixinsight's DBE. (Afternoon, Harry!!)

No darks. Calibration was done with a Bad Pixel Map and a master bias. (Afternoon again, Harry!!!)

And finally I thought the tidal tail on the Hockey stick went the other way, hence the gormless framing...:)

Yves' 14 inch ODK on Mesu Mount 200 with SX H36 mono.

Olly

Big noisy version; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Galaxies/9252479_LsFcLc#!i=1859076345&k=wD2zD8K&lb=1&s=O

WHALE-HOCKEYSTICK-WEB-XL.jpg

(I hate opening up one of your image threads, Olly.... But I simply can't ever resist... :))

A stunning result even as is - 50% is fine for display purposes! I love the colour you've captured and brought out in there too, and those stars, even on the "noisy" version, are absolutely pinsharp... :)

(I hate opening up one of your image threads, Olly.... But I simply can't ever resist... :))

A stunning result even as is - 50% is fine for display purposes! I love the colour you've captured and brought out in there too, and those stars, even on the "noisy" version, are absolutely pinsharp... :)

Ditto:)

Fantastic again, Olly, even as WIP and with your framing you caught PGC 42736 - TheSky kindly informs me - as a little bonus!

Bet the ODK gets heavy with a few buckets of water in it!

If you ever get the chance Olly, run some extra long Ha subs on the Whale, you will be amazed, nay astounded at the Ha signal throughout the galaxy! It positively glows form edge to edge :)

If you ever get the chance Olly, run some extra long Ha subs on the Whale, you will be amazed, nay astounded at the Ha signal throughout the galaxy! It positively glows form edge to edge :)

Thanks to all. Tim, very interesting, and thanks for that. Since the weather is bad we may put this to bed till next year. The low rising southern stuff doesn't hang about and needs looking at...

Olly

Archived