Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

UHC or OIII

Spoon

Id have to say the UHC but then again I dont really know too much about these things. From what Ive read, if memory serves correct, the UHC will better suit your needs due to the aperture of your scope. Im sure the guys will correct me if Im wrong (which Im expecting:D)

Regards,

Chris:icon_salut:

I have a UHC and it does make a difference on some objects but the effect is fairly subtle. I use it with scopes ranging from 80 to 250 mm. An Oiii has a much stronger effect, i.e. it dims the view more than the UHC but that can be an advantage for small planetary nebulae, making them more visible but it also limits the magnification you can use. Many people who have both, tend to say the Oiii gets the most use but they generally have larger scopes or wide bandpass Oiii filters.

If you can't get along to an astro society meet and have a try with each type, then for a 130mm scope, I would suggest you start with a UHC and see how you get on.

Hi Spoon

out of the two UHC is more useful don't forget that there are two type of filter one for visual and one for imaging, ask FLO for the right one

cleae skies

I like both to be honest I have a big frac and the Uhc is great the 300p loves the oiii it real makes them pop horses for courses ,make sure ou get the visual ones as already Sid

Cheers and enjoy the views

Archived