NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Depressing...

Mansnake

This weather is absolutely depressing !

The year that i decide to get into astronomy properly and Iv'e had nothing but cloud and rain for nearly 3 weeks !! Iv'e used my bins once since i brought them.

I just want clear skies !

This weather is absolutely depressing !

The year that i decide to get into astronomy properly and Iv'e had nothing but cloud and rain for nearly 3 weeks !! Iv'e used my bins once since i brought them.

I just want clear skies !

Exactly the same here! After we've spent over £2000 on equipment a little over 3 weeks ago, we've had an hour or two at most to try and get to grips with it all. Big thumbs down!

I read a forecast yesterday saying snow for a lot of regions and down to -9 :hello2:

Blimey :)

We're forecast temperatures of only 3C here over the weekend. Makes frost and snow quite a believable possibility for a lot of the country.

James

Trouble is, we REALLY need the rain, and we need a LOT of it!

If we don't get the much needed water by the end of the year then Astronomy will be the least of our problems come next year.

But yes a few clear nights would be very nice to have :hello2:

This uk weather is joke lately it is depressing and talk of snow seems weather get worser.

hopefully clear skies soon cant predict weather these days, usually i predict with a barometer and thats still stuck in middle of rain and change so never know what outcome weather be in next couple days.

We're camping over the weekend (brr!)

Looks like a late night on Saturday may be in order, clear skies forecast for 1am-4am Sunday morning. Will be packing the bins and crossing fingers :hello2:

We're camping over the weekend (brr!)

Looks like a late night on Saturday may be in order, clear skies forecast for 1am-4am Sunday morning. Will be packing the bins and crossing fingers :hello2:

Hope you get some clear spells !

I too spent £2000 a few weeks ago and have had three glimpses of the Moon and Mars. However, we seem to have forgotton how warm, dry and sunny Feb and March were. Ive spent the last few nights reading everything I can on Astronomy instead. Now Im even more desperate to see something through my scope.

Ive spent the last few nights reading everything I can on Astronomy instead. Now Im even more desperate to see something through my scope.

Thats the problem with reading up on objects :hello2: you read about and think "i really want to see that, ill set up tonight and.......oh its raining"

Archived