Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

66mm Petzval First Light

Grant

I finally got chance to try out the 66mm scope observer petzval I brought from Gaz a few weeks ago :lol:

I tried it on a few things and was really really pleased with the quality of the views it gave, both visually and imaging. Its a beautiful bit of kit (now covered in finger marks :) ) superbly made and makes a great addition to my setup...

Heres M13:

10 x 45secs + 10 darks @ 45s + 10 bias

861_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

862_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

M81 + M82

10 x 90s + 10 darks @ 90s

863_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

864_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Rather than starting another thread, heres a couple of moonies I took too, one shorter exposure to give a darker appearance, both through a revlation moon filter...

865_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

866_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'm pretty pleased with this results, I also capture M57, M31 and M45 but the seeing was really poor and the moon was washing everything out so these weren't too great. All in all I think its a great little scope, ideal for some really nice widefield work, not really suited for the moon but not a bad attempt, really looking forward to playing with this some more in the future!

As always, I've uploaded all of my raws, so if anybody wants to have a play then please do :( I'm really not to great at this processing lark but getting there slowly! Here are the raws: http://iseestars.net/astro_raws/01-08-07/

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks everyone! :( Can't wait to play some more with it!

Dave, these were taken on Tuesday night but it took me all day yesterday to get them sorted to post :lol: Last night was reasonably clear here but the seeing was bad and the moon was high and bright so I didn't bother, to many nights recently I've been out to 4am so thought I better have an early one so I can actually do some work today! :)

Archived