Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Calling Tal 100RS owners - what 2" diagonal?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I slept on it, woke up, and bought a second hand ED100, I didn't expect to do that....;)

Very fine scope - congratulations :eek:

The one I used to have was virtually colour free on everything except the brightest stars - a class act :mad:

Very fine scope - congratulations :eek:

The one I used to have was virtually colour free on everything except the brightest stars - a class act :mad:

Thank you John, thats very nice to know. The ED100 is in truth, the scope I wanted from the start, I just went the long way round to get it and do you knowsomething? I don't regret any of it. I have learnt tons and tons on the way, priceless ;)

Grats on the new scope, Caldwell. Be interested to hear how you find it after the TAL. Does it sit well on your altered AZ4?

Its arriving Thursday so I will report back after I have given it several decent sessions and made a fair assessment.

I will report back after I have given it several decent sessions and made a fair assessment.

I'd be very interested to see your report, Caldwell.

Be nice to hear your experiences and opinions comparing the Tal, and the ED100 in conjunction with the newts you have used.

You will find the ED100 a bit lighter than the TAL100 - it should be fine on your AZ-4. I even put my ED120 on my AZ-4 occasionally for a short session and it's not too bad.

Forgot that the Hyperions can be inserted directly into the 2" diagonal (leaving 1.25" lower lens in place as it does not foul the diagonal mirror)

See attached photos with and without 1.25" adapter.

Only problem is that my 5, 6 and 7mm BGO's need the 1.25" diaginal to work.

Looks like I will still be cutting down the OTA as this scope is mainly for planetary work.

With 1.25" adapter

post-25929-133877771274_thumb.jpg

Without

post-25929-133877771278_thumb.jpg

Archived