SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

North American Neb

MartinB

It was a pretty marginal night with loads of high cloud ruining half the subs but beggars can't be choosers so this is my 1st image since May, struggled to find polaris and couldn't remember what went where. Not possible to guide and had to keep the subs down to a minute to get anything so binned x2 unguided ZS66 AP0.67 reducer.

2 images one to include some of the Pelican and the other just NA neb. Both roughly 40x60 secs. Have done a red one but think I think I prefer mono.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I kept thinking the background was a real mess until it dawned on me the whole image is full of nebulosity

Yes, Martin. I've been experimenting with counterweights to get it to work. Maybe tonight (or maybe Fastar, or ... too many options and not enough dark!)

Did you use a Ha filter? or anything else?

Thanks

Helen

I used an Ha filter Helen. The fastar will give you the same FOV as a ZS66 and you will need about 1/9th the exposure time! That's the power of fastar. Will frame the Bubble neb beautifully but you will need Ha for that one.

Very nice Martin.

Glad to see you in action again, we can't have you forgetting the ropes! We are geting a bit more dark and the weather has finally got a bit better - hope we get to see more from your corner.

Pretty good there on limited subs - 2nd one for me

Anthony

Archived