Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

stellarium now on android

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't work on Galaxy S ll. I have tried installing 3 times but no joy!

Have you installed the other bit of software it says you need and then download the package for it?

When you initially download Stellarium and open it, it needs a software to run the llibraries. Its called Ministro and is a free app. After that is installed open it again and it downloads more libraries then closes. Then on third time of opening it will start up.

HTH

Sion

Have you installed the other bit of software it says you need and then download the package for it?

When you initially download Stellarium and open it, it needs a software to run the llibraries. Its called Ministro and is a free app. After that is installed open it again and it downloads more libraries then closes. Then on third time of opening it will start up.

HTH

Sion

Yep, installed Ministro, downloaded all the libraries and restarted numerous times but no go.

Yep, installed Ministro, downloaded all the libraries and restarted numerous times but no go.

Same here,it worked for about 10 seconds and then froze up. Doesn't seem to do anything now,just a black screen.:D

Im sorry it hasn't worked for everone.It works great on galaxy ace. Its like life, there's the haves:) and the have nots:mad:

No worries mate,it's not your fault. I'll keep trying,you never know they will probably update it.

Is this an official app? I don't mind paying for software but it seems a bit strange to me that this app costs money whilst all the other versions are free.

I notice the following has been posted on the Stellarium Wiki

"The Stellarium Mobile port currently on Google Play is unrelated, and currently copyright infringing (no sources have been posted, contrary to Stellarium's license), and is using the name without permission....."

The Wiki also goes on to state:

"The Android port........ will not cost anything when it eventually makes it onto Google Play and elsewhere.

Looks like the current available version on Google Play is not "official" and we should eventually get a free version of Stellarium for Android....

Caveat Emptor :D

I notice the following has been posted on the Stellarium Wiki

"The Stellarium Mobile port currently on Google Play is unrelated, and currently copyright infringing (no sources have been posted, contrary to Stellarium's license), and is using the name without permission....."

The Wiki also goes on to state:

"The Android port........ will not cost anything when it eventually makes it onto Google Play and elsewhere.

Looks like the current available version on Google Play is not "official" and we should eventually get a free version of Stellarium for Android....

Caveat Emptor :D

In that case I think I'll wait for the proper app.

Thanks.

Well, whaddyaknow...I requested a refund from Google; just had reply:

"We've received your request for a refund of your recent Android app purchase on Google Play. Due to the extenuating circumstances surrounding this purchase, we’re happy to make a one-time exception to our refund policy and issue you a refund in the amount of GBP 0.82."

Reading the rest of the email:

"This is an automated response - if you have additional questions about this order or about this message...<yadda yadda>"

It's the principle.

:D

Archived