NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pixinsight Preprocessing Script

ianaiken

Just launched PI and performed some updates. Looks like there is a nice image preprocessing batch script included now. I'm giving it a whirl to see how it compares to AA5. AA5 is easy, this looks just as easy too, albeit much much slower.

Has anyone used the script before?

It didn't work for me last time I tried it out (previous version) something to do with .fits headers - I gave up on it pretty quickly at the time - after all it's meant to make things easier right?

But I will be giving it another whirl now it's meant to be up to speed.

I've just been reading on the PI forum looks like Harry is releasing a video tomorrow :)

Only problem I have had so far is it won't integrate flats unless I had darks for them. I am not using bias so maybe this is why.

I have to say I am really, really grateful to people like Harry, if it were not for their hard work and willingness to share I would have kicked this hobby into touch long since!

Thanks Harry and all the others like you for dragging this particular dimwit along behind you.

Mike H

Many thanks Harry looking forward to running through your video. I had a good go last night and learned a few things, more so limitations, so it will be good to review what I was doing against what you recommend.

Hello to all. I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce my self. My name is Roberto and I live in the US. I'm just learning PI and have one question. I watched Harry's calibration video but I can't seem to find the Batch processing script he references in the video. Can someone point me out to it. I'm using PI for MAC OSX PI version 01.07.06.0793

Thanks,

Roberto

Hello to all. I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce my self. My name is Roberto and I live in the US. I'm just learning PI and have one question. I watched Harry's calibration video but I can't seem to find the Batch processing script he references in the video. Can someone point me out to it. I'm using PI for MAC OSX PI version 01.07.06.0793

Thanks,

Roberto

I'm using the same mac version as you - nothing showing atm either.

• 2 weeks later...
.... I can't seem to find the Batch processing script he references in the video. Can someone point me out to it. I'm using PI for MAC OSX PI version 01.07.06.0793

Thanks,

Roberto

It should be visible under the Script menu: Script>>Batch Processing>>Batch Peprocessing ;)

James

Some strange behaviour there on the macs :clouds2:

Have seen the same issue on Windows so I wouldn't gloat to much :rolleyes:

I think one of the updates they distributed had some upgrade issue.

Luckily I didn't need to fiddle in the registry ... :icon_scratch:

Yves

Archived