Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

12" lightbridge on ebay

estwing

Im in for £80.... my wife wud gan daft if she knew I was after another scope..... but seeing as i'm not really going to get it...nothing ventured...eh........

Come on lads/lasses lets all have a shot........Russian Roulette Scope version

Just done it.....Waheey I'm winning.....

Come on lads/lasses lets all have a shot........Russian Roulette Scope version

You are joking, there is no way I've got room for that too!:)

I'll pass thanks. Good luck though, great scopes the 12" LB,s

Regards Steve

I bought and sold a LB 12" for £350 a couple of years back. Mine had all the mods like Bob's Knobs, uprated primary springs, Astrozap light shroud etc too. I expect this one will go for £400-£500 though, with the short supply of astro equipment at the moment.

Not too sure if its fishy, I just think they want to recoup the £510 they payed for it on the 7th of this month..

Still it goes beyond the spirit of an auction if they just pull it from sale if it looks like selling at a low price.

If you got a reserve price then start at that... I know the fees are more this way but it stops messing people about.

But saying that I would be weary of buying anything from someone with such an obvious association with another e-bayer..

Well, let's see...

The wording of the text is so similar that it makes me think it was written by the same person, which makes me think it's actually the same scope for sale. How many 12" lightbridges are likely to come up for sale in Milton Keynes within a few days of each other?

However, in this new ad the seller says they paid £900 for it which is difficult to believe given that they bought one with a remarkably similar description in another auction two weeks ago. The seller also claims it's brand new, which is also something of an issue if they actually bought it second hand in the first place.

Given two accounts that appear to be closely associated with each other and the fact that the first auction was pulled and that it might not be unreasonable to assume it was done because the price wasn't going high enough, I wouldn't bid in this auction even if I wanted a 12" LB because I wouldn't trust the seller and I'd be concerned about the possibility of shill bidding.

But that's just my reading of it. I accept that there may be some other explanation for the similarity of the wording of two auctions for the same type of not very common item from two different sellers in the same town within a week of each other and for one seller claiming they bought it new when their purchase history shows they bought one a few weeks ago second hand. I'm struggling to think of one however.

James

Archived