Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

just seen the most amazing thing

richbyers

about 22.30 ish i was observing and saw an iridium flare *flare* up nice and brightly but then just as it was fading a meteor shot straight across its path so they appeard to intersect...sweet...on that note i have seen a couple of flares within about 10 mins- is that something that happens? EDIT- checked at they were 2 ...7 mins apart

rich

You do get iridium flares relatively close together every now and then, worth checking Heavens-Above regularly to see when it is going to happen. I don't think there is any sort if pattern to it though

Stu

I saw an Iridium flare during the day last summer while I was driving. It was a bit disconcerting until I was able to verify that it was in fact a daytime flare. Definitely up there with the more unusual sights (along with seeing Jupiter and Saturn in the daytime with the ETX-70 scope)

I want to see an Iridium flare so badly. I have a software call Sky X that will tell you when it may be possible to see one. I did have a unique experience last week . I did see an airplane fly across my FOV while looking through my scope at Jupiter. That will probably happen often for me as I live near Chicago and aircraft going into O'Hare International fly across the sky to the West all the time.

I want to see an Iridium flare so badly. I have a software call Sky X that will tell you when it may be possible to see one. I did have a unique experience last week . I did see an airplane fly across my FOV while looking through my scope at Jupiter. That will probably happen often for me as I live near Chicago and aircraft going into O'Hare International fly across the sky to the West all the time.

stick at it- have you tried heavens above.com?

Archived