Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Canon Astro Camera - 60Da

Merlin66

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree seems a little expensive considering all they have done is change the infa red blocking filter. I am a little dissapointed with 3x normal sensitivty of the filter as well. Thought they could of improved that but then I guess they still need it to appeal to those who will use it for daylight subjects as well. Also thought they may of introduced a small amount of internal cooling, maybe a small fan etc. Am i just being to critical?

Thay need to get rid of the anti aliasing filter for an astro cam. Also an 1100da would have been a better camera apart from no tilt screen.

Thankfully there's a 383L+ all wrapped up waiting for my birthday.:icon_salut:

Criticisms:

1: I'd have gone for no IR filter at all, but include a clip in filter for terrestial work.

2: I would have included a CMOS-Sensor temperature sensor with a hardware output on a socket so users could cool the camera as a whole to a set point much more effectively.

3: I would have gone for IP54 environmental rating (or similar).

Never the less it's good to see them taking an interest again.

Derek

People this is RIP-OFF Britain expect the price to be a dollar conversion plus some, a fully converted 550D is £700, ....phew end of this week (Friday) was going to order a 1100D...:icon_salut: will wait on the price.....

People this is RIP-OFF Britain expect the price to be a dollar conversion plus some, a fully converted 550D is £700, ....phew end of this week (Friday) was going to order a 1100D...:icon_salut: will wait on the price.....

Yes this is true, but much of the increase in price in this country is due to import duty - so lets blame the Government. It isn't the retailers, they would sell far more if the price was less.

All our high prices (usually) relate back to the Goverment, look at the rake off they take on petrol and diesel!

Hmmm, it is nibbling at CCD prices and CCDs really are so much better for astronomy in my view. There are still things like the dust shaker on the chip; has that been de-activated? You don't want it for astronomy.

Olly

Looks interesting, would love to know what they have done to "reduce noise".

Price wise, don't rely on quoted or pre-order prices. My 7D was quoted at £1900 when it announced, was down to £1700 on the day it came out and was down around £1400 when i bought it a few weeks later. Now available for £1100 new.

Cheers

Ian

For that money i can buy a second 1100d, get it modded by the canon repair service, buy the 100mm F2 lens I want and get an EQ3 Pro. I don't see the point of this product - I guess it is aimed at the luxury end of the market.

Archived