newbie from ipswich

colinn

hi all,

bought a telescope on impulse last week as I happened to be in argos and it was my birthday - I know, worse way to buy but have been playing with my much derided celestron newtonian 127eq for a week now - never had a telescope before - at the ripe old age of 42 - so have been on a bit of learning curve - lots of new terminology to learn

first thing I found was collimation was a pain because screws are phillips head and not enough play - so have replaced fixing and adjustment screws with longer hex bolts that I can turn by hand - have put springs under the fixing bolts so now much more adjustment range - also stuck a red dot in mirror centre while I had it out - took out internal barlow and collimated with cheshire eyepiece - think I have the hang of it now

CIMG0025.jpg

can see jupiter's moons and saturn's rings but need to get some better eyepieces - the telescope comes with usable 20mm and unusable 4mm and unusable 3x barlow

have also been canabalising bits around the house while waiting for proper webcam to arrive, and learning to use registax

CIMG0022.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

CIMG0029.jpg

Archived