Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible South Wales Group Star Party

Matthew

After SGL7 ( and during ),a few of us have decided to meet in the autumn for a weekends observing.So i thought i'd see if anyone else wanted to join us.There is no deffinate date set but it will probably be september...ish Friday-Monday.It will probably be at lucksall,but im open to suggestions.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'll be coming Mat, afterall, star parties are the only time I ever drink cider :icon_salut:

Gaz, I had to get some stuff for SGL7, I found argos as good as anything for getting things like an airbed, etc, and fleabay of course.

Very good find David their on the list of candidates,tich will be coming so we will make him a honorary Welshman for the weekend!.Are you still up for a weekend David.

I would be honoured Mat, cant wait to meet you guys again for ciders brews & damn good laugh....:icon_salut:

That finder still isn't great although I am eyeing up a Telrad for £35 (not sure if that's a good price) Or might buy a right angled finder as I'm undecided at the minute LOL....

I might be able to sort out something in St Davids, near the coast, might also be able to sort out accomdation as my brother in law has a farm with hostel buildings.

I go there with my scope and its the best skies I have seen.

Sent from my galaxy s...must be stuck in work....dam you i.t filters!

Trefach camp site. here 51.927596,-4.69466 they used to do astronomy weekends but i know there is new managment there now. i will see if i can find more/other info i attended two there myself once for the day and one i stayed two nights. they had really good skies.

Ok,the provisional date for the starparty is Friday 21st September - Sunday 23rd September.I have a couple of campsites in mind but i want to finalise the date with everyone first.......so whos up for it :)

Matt is the plan away friday and saturday night home sunday_somewhere in pembroke/mid wales anything other than the date confirmed yet? I' d be interested but can't stick cider brains black is currently the weapon of choice .lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Archived