Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet extra Lum

Earl

I managed to get another 20 Luminance subs tonight for a total of 3 hours still only one hour for R G B.

Starwave 80, Atik 383L+ Nebulosity to capture link to PHD for Dither Guiding.

Calibrated in Astroart 5 (lum aligned in PI as AA didnt do it correctly)

The Processing of this follows the PI tutorials on the PI website very closely

Im very happy with the way this has come out now. (of course untill I view how it looks uploaded :( )

Better.jpg

post-19346-133877755966_thumb.jpg

Nice capture of the group, Those blue halos...Have you thought about using something like Noel Astronomy Tools to reduce the halos...

Fair point, I wanted to use a starmask and do a Morphological transformation in PI to reduce the stars quite a bit, however the star mask was very messy so I passed that till later.

I hope to gather another hour RGB next session then ill do another reprocess, I think only having 1 hour of each is forcing the colour data a bit to much.

Superb detail Earl, you must be well chuffed with that one ;)

Use the desaturate brush in photoshop and turn them blue stars down a bit ;)

It all depends where you host the images, the host compresses Jpeg's for disc space.. Flikr and photobucket are the worst in my opion, pbase (Not Free) is my favourite.. Alternately the best solution is make a website with your own disc space ' zero' compression :)

If you have photoshop always use 'save for web and devices' its not as destructive, also crop your images to suit the forum you post on in 72 dpi this forum I find 1080px wide - 72dpi - then save for web and device - 85% or more otherwise you get artefacts and jaggy lines..

It all depends where you host the images, the host compresses Jpeg's for disc space.. Flikr and photobucket are the worst in my opion, pbase (Not Free) is my favourite.. Alternately the best solution is make a website with your own disc space ' zero' compression

If you have photoshop always use 'save for web and devices' its not as destructive, also crop your images to suit the forum you post on in 72 dpi this forum I find 1080px wide - 72dpi - then save for web and device - 85% or more otherwise you get artefacts and jaggy lines..

Good tips there thank you very much

Nice result. A little more colour data would help. M66 seems only fully coloured over about half the galaxy which is rum.

I find AA is not too hot for aliging outside the preprocessing window, where I do find it excellent. That's very odd. For aligning stacked L and R and G and B, PI is accurate but I use Registar because it's so much easier. Star colour benefits from very accurate RGB aligning.

I think we need to pester the AA guys to look again at their aligning programme. It handles big jumps in data sets from the same filters but goes wrong when aligning across filters.

Olly

Archived