Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"Notify me when this item is available"

When a product is out of stock our website displys a 'Notify me when this item is available' button. If you click on the button our website will automatically send you an email advising you when stock is available.

NB: Clicking the button does not mean you have submitted an order or have a place in the queue. It only means you will receive an email notification when the product becomes available. If the product is pre-sold before it arrives you will not receive a notification. There are a number of popular telescopes in very short supply so it is not unusual for them to sell out before the shipment arrives.

Today our website sent over 40x email notifications advising people the Skyliner 200p was back in stock. Unfortunately the bulk of our delivery was pre-sold, we only had three remaining! All three were sold within minutes of the email being sent :blob10:

We know it isn't ideal but the best way to secure a telescope is to actually place an order. You will then be in the queue so will receive one as soon as possible.

Hope that helps,

Steve

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When a product is out of stock our website displys a 'Notify me when this item is available' button.

I'm sure there is a balance between displaying the range of products that people would want and think they'd be able to buy, and going so far as seeming to have not much available.

does this also count for the 1.25 T camera adapter (£15)

ordered one last night, but did not see a Out Of Order message ( would have been nice ) and now have £15 sitting in limbo and a T ring without an adapter.

any news if T adapters and likes are hard to come by ? and/or when they could be back in stock.

also if possible maybe a simple out of order message/popup when you get to checkout.

ordered one last night, but did not see a Out Of Order message ( would have been nice ) and now have £15 sitting in limbo and a T ring without an adapter.

Our stock system isn't perfect but in this instance I think you are mistaken, we have been displaying "Notify me when this item is available" on that product for at least a week.

I'll ask our supplier for an ETA in the morning then email you.

I have cancelled and refunded your order.

HTH,

Steve

I was looking at buying 3 items from you this weekend but all 3 seem to be out of stock.. I know there's a rush on astro stuff atm, but it looks like your shelves are empty! lol

Or the pana view 32mm ep steve? had one on order since january? cheers steve

I don't know why they are proving so difficult to source, I'll request an ETA again in the morning. If you would like to cancel please drop me a PM or email.

I was looking at buying 3 items from you this weekend but all 3 seem to be out of stock.. I know there's a rush on astro stuff atm, but it looks like your shelves are empty! lol

Quite the opposite! We carry more stock than the majority of our competitors.

This is a small industry and there are some difficulties sourcing some products. What three items are you looking for?

Quite the opposite! We carry more stock than the majority of our competitors.

This is a small industry and there are some difficulties sourcing some products. What three items are you looking for?

The afore mentioned Baader Laser Collimator, Baader AstroSolar Safety Film (which I just got a mail to say is in!) and the other I managed to get somewhere else.

not a moan or complaint.. just a question as im curious... or nosey :)

if the items out of stock you put up the notify me message (which i find very handy by the way) well how then do you manage to pre-sell them? i thought you where an internet only operation and if the website doesnt have ordering then how?

The afore mentioned Baader Laser Collimator, Baader AstroSolar Safety Film (which I just got a mail to say is in!)

We have Baader Laser Collimators on backorder, Baader say delivery will be "sometime this month". The Baader Astrosolar film arrived about two weeks ago, we still have a number in stock.

HTH

Any idea when the Skywatcher 127 synscan mak will be back in stock?

There is a delivery arriving early May that should cover existing backorders and another delivery late-May for new orders.

For general discussion regarding the current shortage of telescopes please see our thread HERE.

HTH :)

not a moan or complaint.. just a question as im curious... or nosey :confused:

if the items out of stock you put up the notify me message (which i find very handy by the way) well how then do you manage to pre-sell them? i thought you where an internet only operation and if the website doesnt have ordering then how?

You can still place an order while our website displays "Notify me when this item is available". When our website displays "Please contact us" then it is not possible to place an order.

HTH :)

Archived