Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL7 crescent

NickK

This is one of the quick shots from my time at SGL7. Last night's moon was so slight through the low atmosphere that I could use the 383L without saturation. Pixel resolution at 0.83 arcsec/pixel. Equipment: Pentax 105mm with Televue 2x Powermate and ATIK 383L+ giving fl of 1370mm.

So here's a single frame downsized moon and a native resolution crop. I wanted to keep the focus for stars so it's a little out of focus.

post-22611-133877752475_thumb.png

post-22611-133877752481_thumb.png

That is EXCELLENT! Well done on getting that.

It is (IMO) very difficult to get detail that good on such a thin crescent! I've tried many times and don't think I've got one that good!

I'd like to see a full size one :blob10:

Brilliant.

Ant

It is a lovely image. I honestly can't say that I've noticed the moon quite that "young" before.

Oddly enough not ten minutes ago I was looking at the moon thinking "I really must try to get a picture of that tonight". I've no idea why I didn't notice it last night. Perhaps because the seeing was poor, or because I didn't get outside until late. Sadly I am woefully under-prepared on the taking-pictures-with-a-dslr-on-the-127-mak front.

Is there an idiot's guide to taking lunar images with a dslr at all? it would be a shame to miss the opportunity.

James

Archived