NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

William Optics at First Light Optics

Steve, are you able to supply the 0.8 field flattener for the WO?

Yes, it is available and fits both the ZS66 and 80 (and the 90 but it isn't as good a match - a purpose made replacement for the 90mm is in the pipeline).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve - when you order the extra diagonals (1.25" or 2"), is there space in the supplied Aluminium case to store them?

Yes, there is space for both the 1.25" and 2" diagonals in the ZS66 ali case.

Thanks for the comments,Jamie.

It strikes me that the FLT would be more suitable for imaging but I don't do a lot of that. The glassware in both scopes,as far as I can tell, seems to be on a par. Would a visual observer notice any difference between the two?

CW

Yes, it is available and fits both the ZS66 and 80 (and the 90 but it isn't as good a match - a purpose made replacement for the 90mm is in the pipeline).

Holy cow! its £109.99 from Ian King.... errk!!

'On paper' there seems little to chose between the ZethithStar 110 and the FLT 110 models and any comments on their respective merits for visual observing will be appreciated.

As Jamie's lists suggest, there is no difference optically. The focusers however are different: The FLT110 has a 4 inch focuser (4" internal diameter) whereas the Zenithstar's is 2.5 inch. This is to cater for larger medium-format cameras; it is also built to carry extra weight.

The focuser on both look to be the same as the Synta replacement offered by WO (which I must say I find excellent in operation) is that right?

No, the new (as of 3-4 months ago) WO Synta replacement focuser is actually based on the Megrez 90 focuser and is better finished and tougher than the prev model. The Zenithstar and FLT focusers are different again and ought to be able to carry more weight (haven't had the opportunity to do a first-hand comparison).

HTH

One WO ZS SD 66 (blue) plus 1.25" dielectric diagonal ordered... when it arrives, I`ll have to take it downstairs to show Peonic so we can both drool over it :lol:

Best leave the lens cap on, not sure how slobber would effect the optics :D

Cracking looking bit of kit that Steve!

Peonic

When mine arrived my (at that time non-astronomically-minded) friend gasped and went WOW! when I took it out of the case! It just feels so well engineered, and the views are great too, what more could you want?? Well, dark skies would be nice! but this scope is great for solar (filtered) and birding too I've found :D

You'll love it!

Helen

I know what you're saying Steve, but this money is burning through several of my trousers dagnabit....Patience, patience....

Saying this, it's could central as per usual here so even if I did have a new toy scope, I couldn't use it anyways!

Tony..

Saying this, it's could central as per usual here so even if I did have a new toy scope, I couldn't use it anyways!

It took me ages to work out what you meant in that sentence, and which word was the typo...

It took me ages to work out what you meant in that sentence, and which word was the typo...

I'm still trying to get it...

...ah, I see...!

William Optics FLT 110 APO Triplet

WOflt110_large.jpg

The new TMB Triplet Fluorostar is designed for astronomers wanting a telescope for both superb views and photographic/CCD imaging.

Quality William Optics fit and finish: The TMB designed, multi-coated, air-spaced triplet objective is held securely in a precise CNC machined lens cell. The white powder-painted CNC-machined aluminium tube with retractable dewshield sports a super-smooth, anodized, 360 deg' rotatable, 4 inch (internal diameter) Crayford focuser with stainless-steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back. This focuser can comfortabley carry any camera and filter wheel combination, including medium-format.

Ball bearings on both sides of the focuser and a graduated scale make it a joy to use - perfect for photography.

Dedicated TMB-designed field flattener is also available.

Includes aluminium case and CNC tube-rings.

Also available with a William Optics Red Dot Finder and 2 inch Carbon Fibre Dielectric Diagonal.

.... it's could central ....

confused the living daylights out of me :D

Ah. colour me stupid if you please.

Meanwhile back on topic, those 110 jobbies look the biz. Very, very nice.

Tony..

William Optics FLT 132 APO Triplet

WOflt132_Large.jpg

The large aperture FLT 132 is William Optics flagship and features a superb, high performance FPL53 based triplet lens for outstanding correction, image sharpness and contrast. It is the ideal scope for both astro imaging or high performance visual use.

Quality William Optics fit and finish: The multi-coated, air-spaced triplet objective is held securely in a precise CNC machined lens cell. The powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminium tube with retractable dewshield sports a super-smooth, anodized, 360 deg' rotatable, 4 inch (internal diameter) Crayford focuser.

With stainless-steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back, the focuser can comfortably carry any camera and filter wheel combination, including medium-format. Ball-bearings on both sides of the focuser and a graduated scale make it a joy to use - perfect for photography.

An optional Field Flattener for larger format sensors is available.

Includes aluminium case and CNC tube-rings.

Archived