Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

William Optics at First Light Optics

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William Optics FLT 132 APO Triplet

The large aperture FLT 132 is William Optics flagship and features a superb, high performance FPL53 based triplet lens for outstanding correction, image sharpness and contrast. It is the ideal scope for both astro imaging or high performance visual use.

Quality William Optics fit and finish: The multi-coated, air-spaced triplet objective is held securely in a precise CNC machined lens cell. The powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminium tube with retractable dewshield sports a super-smooth, anodized, 360 deg' rotatable, 4 inch (internal diameter) Crayford focuser.

With stainless-steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back, the focuser can comfortably carry any camera and filter wheel combination, including medium-format. Ball-bearings on both sides of the focuser and a graduated scale make it a joy to use - perfect for photography.

Get thee behind me Satan! :D

STOP IT STEVE - You know we are weak and will succumb. I know temptation is meant to be good for the soul - but there are limits.

I have wanted one of these ever since I first saw one (he goes misty eyed with the memory)

Tom

Well I have trawled right through these posts from start to finish, and I have to say Steve, You certainly have invested in some class hardware.

I have read most of the banter surrounding these gorgeous instruments. I don't think there is one person who is not impressed, and speaking for myself, the coup de graz, was the 132 triplet. I am off to get a box of tissues to clean the drool of the keyboard.

I am also starting work on the script for my charm offensive. Since flowers, chocolates, jewelry, and suchlike, are all nono's to my lady,

It's all going to rest on believable dialogue. So, anyone skilled in that department, and would like to donate words or phrases to help in this offensive, don't hesitate to post them.

I thank you. :D

• 2 months later...

William Optics SPL eyepiece

WOspl.jpg

William Optics SPL (Super Planetary Long eye-relief) eyepieces are available in 3, 6 and 12.5mm focal lengths and feature edge-blackened, multi-coated optics for bright, high contrast views.

Long 20mm eye-relief for comfortable viewing when wearing eyeglasses.

William Optics fit and finish throughout: Blackened internal spacers and baffles, black anodised exterior and tapered barrel. Threaded for filters.

William Optics SWAN eyepiece

WOswan.jpg

William Optics Swan eyepieces are super-wide-angle designs with 72° apparent field of view. They use simple but sophisticated five-lens optical systems for generally higher contrast than the more complicated optical designs used in some other SWA eyepieces that use up to eight lenses.

All lenses are fully multicoated for high light transmission. Lens edges and internal field stops are blackened to reduce internal reflections and improve contrast. The rubber grip ring is useful for safer handling of the heavier 2” eyepieces in cold weather when wearing gloves. The eyepieces have soft roll down rubber eyecups for eyeglass use.

They are remarkably good all-round eyepieces when used with telescopes with focal ratios up to f/6 and above.

William Optics UWAN eyepiece

WOuwan.jpg

William Optics UWANs are outstanding eyepieces that offer a real alternative to high-end designs from other manufacturers, at less than high-end prices.

Ultra-wide 82 degree apparent FOV with excellent edge of field correction.

High quality multicoatings, internal baffling and blackened lens edges for superior contrast. Threaded for filters.

• 2 weeks later...

William Optics 0.8x Reducer Flattener for Zenithstar 66

WOflattener66.jpg

The new reducer/field-flattener for William Optics 66mm refractors pushes the f/ratio and flattens the field for improved astrophotography performance.

The SCT thread allows easy connection to the ZenithStar 66 and other similar refractors. The photo adapter accepts standard T-rings on its 360 degree rotating end. It will also accept standard CCD camera adapters similar to the one on the WO APO field flattener.

Includes 2" Push fit adaptor for ZS80 and Megrez 90 scopes.

William Optics 0.8x Reducer Flattener III for Megrez 90

WOflattener3megrez90.jpg

The new and long awaited reducer/field-flattener from William Optics.

Designed to work with the Megrez 90 (but also compatible with the ZS80II and Megrez 110) to provide superior off-axis performance and improved full field illumination.

Features a 2" Nose-piece for connecting to the telescope and a Male T thread for connecting to the T-Ring or T-Thread of your camera.

FLO has put one of these, together with a Megrez 90, into demo/review stock so I hope to be showing off some images made using them soon 8)

William Optics TMB Field Flattener for FLT110 and FLT132

WOflattenerTMBflt.jpg

High-quality TMB designed field flattener optimised for the FLT-110 & FLT-132 APO refractors.

APO

• Triplet design lens will not degrade the performance of your FLT.

• Suitable for both the FLT-110 TEC version and the FLT-110 TMB version.

Camera Adapters

• 35mm SLR Camera adapter and CCD camera adapter INCLUDED in the price!

35mm Cameras

• Ideal for 35mm film, full-size chips and large CCD cameras.

This has also been put into FLO's demo/review stock together with a FLT110. They were christened at Kelling and are currently with MartinB who has kindly agreed to put them through their paces. Last I heard, he was imaging the Iris nebula 8)

William Optics Vixen Compatible Dovetail Plate

Not the most glamorous of items but worth a mention nonetheless as it has fast become one of FLO's best-selling accessories!

WOvixendovetail.jpg

A rigid, high quality machined aluminium dovetail to fit Vixen type mounts including those from Skywatcher, Celestron, Meade LXD75 and Orion (US).

Also works well with William Optics scopes fitted with the L shaped mounting bracket.

An excellent choice for the William Optics Eztouch

William Optics Crayford Focuser for Synta Refractors.

WOsyntaFocuser.jpg

This NEW high-quality 2" Crayford focuser is base on the focuser supplied with the William Optics Megrez 90 but is designed to fit Synta-made (Skywatcher, Celestron, Orion and more) refractors.

Smooth, precise focusing, 360 degrees rotatable and zero image-shift.

Infinitely better than the standard Synta Rack & Pinion focuser!

William Optics Crayford Focuser for Synta Refractors.

WOsyntaFocuser.jpg

Infinitely better than the standard Synta Rack & Pinion focuser!

I would highly recommend this replacement focuser to all Synta refactor users. In this case the 'sales pitch' is true! 8) Not only do they perform well but they look good too! :D

I have to say that although the 2" extention tube is recommended at the foot of the details page I have not found it necessary, in practice, to use mine on either the 102mm or the 150mm Startravel. However, in the case of the Evostar range of refractors with their longer focal lengths it may be applicable...

CW

• 1 month later...

William Optics Combo Plate

comboPlate.jpg

This Losmandy-style William Optics Combo Plate (dovetail and saddle plate) is an elegant, solid, and versatile product that is precisely machined and black-anodised to the highest standards.

Accepts virtually any rings from a number of brands and is designed for quick and easy release of the tube assembly from the saddle plate.

• 4 weeks later...

William Optics Binoviewer

WOBinoviewer.jpg

Enjoy the benefits of a BaK4 quality binoviewer in your refractor, SCT or Newtonian telescope with a convenient package that includes anti-marring compression rings, 2x William Optics 20mm WA 66 deg eyepieces, a 1.6x barlow nosepiece and gift-box.

WO Fit & Finish

* White powder paint.

* Large chromed thumbscrews and anodized aluminium.

* A useful optional x2 barlow and extender are available separately for telescopes with back-focus issues.

BAK4 Prisms

* High-quality BaK4 prisms with 20mm clear aperture for maximum brightness and contrast.

* Fully Multi Coated.

* Anti-marring brass compression rings.

* Individual eyepiece focus adjustment.

The NEW William Optics Megrez 72 APO is a high-quality compact scope!

M72large.jpg

Fully multi-coated air-spaced doublet housed in a precision-made adjustable cell for sharp, contrasty images virtually free of false-colour.

Fast f6 focal ratio, ideal for convenient wide field astrophotography or piggybacking.

CNC machined aluminium for a superior fit and finish.

Rotatable 2" 2-speed 1:10 Crayford focuser with two locking screws and 81mm draw-tube travel.

Supplied with L-bracket shoe conveniently shaped for easy connection to Vixen/Skywatcher/Celestron type mounts. Also threaded for attachment to photo tripods.

Available in white powder-paint with one-piece 'spiral shaped' retractable dew shield.

Archived