NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

William Optics at First Light Optics

Sorry mate i was gonna let you know in the morning.

The PO tried to deliver it on Thursday but i missed them.

So they kindly put a card through my letter box to tell me i could pick it up the next day.

I thought this was cool till i found out the were on strike on Friday/Saturday ho hum.... :insects1:

I will pick it up tomorrow..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lololol...

I think you can get the name of your US State engraved on the side of the Patriot version (but I could be wrong).... am I the only one who finds that more than just a little "tacky"?

Here we go:

"ZenithStar 66 PATRIOT Edition: only 1 per state with your state's engraved name on the focuser; 50 pcs with "United States of America" engraved on the focuser."

On the other hand, you have to hand it to the merrycans, they can post their flag anywhere they like and thats fine with everyone... if we (UK) posted the Union Jack anywhere, we would be accused of being NF or BNP.

Isn't there a Ferrari carbon-fibre model out there as well?

I think you are right mate.

Though i can't imagine any level headed person admiting to actualy having bought one. :D

Come on, we only buy these little things because they're so cute anyway. It will be cute squared if you slap carbon fibre and Ferrari badges on it.

There are actually two:

WOFerrari.jpg

I think us brits are generally a bit too straight-laced for promos like this .... but I could be wrong.

I think you can get the name of your US State engraved on the side of the Patriot version (but I could be wrong).... am I the only one who finds that more than just a little "tacky"?

This one:

zenithstar66sdPatriot.jpg

I know what you mean Steve, I doubt it would work over here.

But, the Americans are more patriotic and less 'serious' about their toys than us, and I admire them for that.

William Optics Megrez 90

megrez90_03.jpg

Features a high quality air-spaced doublet lens from FPL53 super-low-dispersion glass mounted in a fully adjustable lens cell.

The extra-smooth, dual-speed, zero image-shift 1:10 Crayford focuser is fully 360 deg rotatable and has stainless steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loading without problems. The focuser is a 2" version of the 4" Crayford featured on the FLT110 with bearings on both sides of the focuser, a graduated scale and large aluminium knobs - perfect for photography!

Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminium tube and retractable dewshield.

I like that! Stunning! Hope my pay rise is good!

you mark the box "Filthy adult entertainment material" or similar?

FYI

That has already been done to me courtesy of Gaz.

And the wost thing about it was i sent the wife to the PO to pick it up :shock:

I think the words "sex toys" come to mind :D

Needless to say the wife doesn't pick up any parcels for me any more...

You are kidding right? :lol:

Jamie - didn't you get one (or even two) of those??

You are right Daz

I have the ZS 105 triplet APO and the ZS 80 FD aniversary edition in black.

Superb scopes BTW.

You are kidding right? :D

Fraid not.

Though i seen the funny side to it the wife is not that easy to forgive... :lol::p

William Optics Megrez 110 ED APO

megrez110_03.jpg

The new William Optics Megrez 110 features an air-spaced, multi-coated, ED doublet lens mounted in a high quality fully adjustable lens cell.

William Optics quality fit and finish throughout: Powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminium tube with retractable dewshield.

Features an anodized 360 deg' rotatable 1:10 Crayford focuser with ball bearings on both sides for a smooth action and no backlash!

Currently includes 115mm CNC tube-rings and aluminium case.

This one does it for me :love4:

William Optics Zenithstar 110 APO Triplet

zenithstar110_01.jpg

The William optics ZS 110 Fluorite features the same TMB co-designed Fluorite air-spaced triplet as used in the FLT 110 scope, but in the ZS105 tube.

The usual William Optics fit and finish: CNC machined black anodised aluminium with a super-smooth 2.5" zero image-shift, backlash free, rotatable, dual-speed 1:10 Crayford focuser.

Also available with 2" dielectric diagonal, CNC rings & RDF for an extra £100:

Beautiful!

Supplied with aluminium case

Isn't there an American Patriot model as well?

250px-Patriot_missile_launch.jpg

That the one Gaz? Not sure I like the Alt/Az to be honest... :D

Peonic

(stealing SteveL's jokes since 2007)

Oh! Oooooooo.......YES!

That's the one for me!

Get one of those and declare your own 'NO FLY ZONE'! Contrails and flashing lights.....a thing of the past!

Can I get an SGL discount?

So the Ferrari version is faster than normal, right? What's the f/ ratio on that one?

Probably about F1 :D:lol::p

.... And Jamie will be here all week from 9pm. Don't miss it!!

No ZS80ED Steve? Saying that, it's probably a good thing for me ATM...

Tony..

My ST102 has been 'out on loan' for three months now and might prove permenant. I'm thinking of getting a replacement although I still have the Megrez 80 which fills the gap so to speak. 'On paper' there seems little to chose between the ZethithStar 110 and the FLT 110 models and any comments on their respective merits for visual observing will be appreciated. The focuser on both look to be the same as the Synta replacement offered by WO (which I must say I find excellent in operation) is that right?

Cheers

CW

My ST102 has been 'out on loan' for three months now and might prove permenant. I'm thinking of getting a replacement

I guess a William Optics scope would be a great replacement..

'On paper' there seems little to chose between the ZethithStar 110 and the FLT 110 models and any comments on their respective merits for visual observing will be appreciated.

Zenithstar 110 Triplet APO FLT 110

Focuser 2.5" (63.5mm) Crayford Focuser Focuser 4" 360° Rotating Camera-angle Adjuster

Objective Type Triplet APO Design, Air Spaced, Objective Type 3 elements Air-spaced, TMB Design

TMB Design, STM Fully Multi-Coated

Tube Diameter 4.5" (114mm) Tube Diameter 115mm

Tube Length 22.8" (580mm) Fully Retracted Tube Length 24.6" (630mm) Fully Retracted

Tube Weight 9.5lbs. (4.3kg) Tube Weight 14.5lbs. (6.55kg)

Two great scopes if you ask me...

Archived