Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dark sky trip?

swamp thing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying not to let the weather get the better of me, I set up in the back garden and went on a search for clusters.

I took 21 images of M37, threw 16 away and stacked the remaining. It didn't turn out too bad considering it's only 3 mins worth of images with no darks or flats.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7109/6863359192_0993393470.jpg' alt='6863359192_0993393470.jpg'>

M37 by MrLeebert, on Flickr

Hi guys, last night (Friday) the conditions turned out excellent but I didn't get home from work until 11pm and was too tired apart from about 10 mins with the bins. It looks like being excellent again tonight. If you guys need a report anytime for this area (I live just outside pulborough) message me and hopefully I'll pick it up to let you know.

Hi all, where do you all meet? Hoping to come along one eve. I'm a beginner and attended the Stargazing Live event at Newlands Corner where I saw Jupiter and its 4 moons - amazing!

Would love to see Saturn and its rings but I only have a very basic telescope which is only good for viewing the Moon.

Would love to see what scopes everyone else has and what you can see with them :blob10:

Hi booforty

Welcome to the SGL and the Surrey observers too.

We meet most clear nights if possible on Ranmore Common car park at the top.

Keep an eye out in this section as we tend to post then meet up pretty quick. So if it's a clear night have a look here first.

Look forward to meeting you.

Regards Steve

Archived