Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dark sky trip?

swamp thing

Great, bit hazy at first it had me a bit worried for a while then it cleared up as it got colder to a pretty cear night there was a small amount of ground mist but conditions were still good enough to make out M101 very easily, and the spiral arms of M51 were very easy in My 10"

Not sure about the SN in M95, going to have to check that later on, but did bag a lot of Galaxies in and around Leo.

Luckily no dew.:blob10:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great location and night, just shows how much better it gets the further from London. There was still a slight glow but not the sickly orange haze obliterating the east that we get at RC.

I was messing around with checking and comparing EPs for quite a while, but the Glob Clusters were spectacular even through my 4" frac and a big difference. Saturn, the crescent moon with the amazing earthshine detail (worth knocking out my night vision for), and the open clusters were highlights too.

Best thing about Bignor?.........no cars and annoying slow drive-bys!

Nice spot and the road to the top was fine, just need to take it steady.

Archived