NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Did anyone get to see the conjunction ?

spaceboy

Lovely out there now. Have just had a good look naked eye, and also through the 10x50 and 15x50is binos. They fit nicely in the fov in both, slightly tighter in the canons but the image was significantly better and more stable as is probably to be expected; shows the benefit of the stabilisation but also the quality of the canon optics. All four galilean moons clearly visible. Very nice :)

Stu

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
being new to astronomy I was waiting and waiting for the cloud to clear but no such luck, nevermind what goes around comes around,

What will be the next "do not miss event",please.

I think its got something to with the laws of physics (or living in the UK)

Here is a sequence of images that I shot over a few days to show the coming together:

Not very photogenic and I have a couple of more attractive ones before and after the conjunction but these are the only ones I spanning of the whole sequence.

post-18573-133877746927_thumb.jpg

post-18573-133877746932_thumb.jpg

post-18573-133877746935_thumb.jpg

post-18573-133877746937_thumb.jpg

Here is a sequence of images that I shot over a few days to show the coming together:

Not very photogenic and I have a couple of more attractive ones before and after the conjunction but these are the only ones I spanning of the whole sequence.

Those are real good pics Rik, what lens did you use? I had to make do with the piece of c**p 75-300 that came with the 1100D. If I'd have known how bad it was I would have just gone for the body. No wonder they offer them as a combo, don't get any free rides in this life.

Yes, managed to catch the conjunction which luckily happened just prior to the foggy weather coming in (it encroached over the pair even as we watched!). That is unusal for me as I usually miss all the important events - one of the problems of living in Cornwall I'm afraid, we are surrounded by ocean so cloudy weather seems to be the norm.

Archived