Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone Here A Member Of The British Astronomical Association...??

Greg

I've been looking at their website and I'm considering joining...

Anyone on here a member and is it worth joining...?

There's lots of information over there and more for members...Just wondering really..

Greg

I'm a member. You get a lot of printed material through the post. Although to be honest, I dont find much advantage to being a member as the net has more information available and quicker. I think for people without an internet connection, or people who prefer to not take part in forums like this one then the BAA is a great resource. If you are computer literate and dont mind finding your info on the net, then I can't see much advantage. Just my 2p worth

I'm a member of the SPA and the BAA but will only be renewing my SPA membership. Echoing GordonCopestake's earlier comments I too find it easier and quicker to get info off the internet rather than relying on the BAA.

Did you go for the Mullaney book or Bob Argyles?

Bob Argyles, Ian...

Publishers are in Holland, I ordered a book on Spectroscopy from Amazon..That was three weeks ago.. :wink:

Had and e-mail from Amazon

tems not yet dispatched:

Delivery estimate: 12 Jul 2007 - 30 Jul 2007

* 1 of: Whitethorn Woods

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

* 1 of: Star Sullivan: Quick Read (Quick Reads)

* 1 of: Disco Fever Vol.1

* 1 of: Practical Amateur Spectroscopy (Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy)

* 1 of: The Best Disco In Town [box set]

Greg

I'm a member of the SPA and am looking to join the BAA, however, annoyingly you can only join in August to enjoy a full years membership otherwise the full fee will only take you to the coming August. Very irritating.

Phil

Well, I have just joined the BAA as I really want to start making variable star observations this season.

If you join now, your application is held over till August, but you can attend meetings and stuff - but yes, irritating that they don't pro-rata the charges.

I think if you are just in it for the info, then its not for you. Reading the web pages, its certainly aimed more at the recording the observational results - and as I say, something I would like to do!

I keep meaning to join the SPA - I'll go and have another look :wink:

Archived