Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Hi all.

had my scope out in the back garden for an hour, just bought a hyperion zoom eyepiece earlier in the week so i gave it a test run on Jupiter and a couple of clusters.

bit of a chunky beast but I'm liking it very much so far. Bit of a nusiance with the screws on the diagonal touching the base of the eyepiece though. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last call to arms for next weeks WADAS first meeting,

posting it in here rather than via email, as hopefully this will reach more people active in this section.

Couple of outstanding actions that need updates:-

How is the advertising going?

I have continued to flyer a few different places in wakefield and ossett, but struggling to find time to get over to horbury to do the public notice boards there. Also got a friend to post some up in Denbydale. I have attached the flyer to this post if people are struggling to click on the link in my signature and download it from google drive.

Any luck with getting a pile of them at greenwitch shop?

What about SGL site admin putting the scrolling banner across the top of here? Any other forums we can try for some free advertising?

How we doing with the twitter account, does it have any updates and advertising for 1st meeting? All you twittererererers ( :confused: ) are you following the page?

I have created a private section in the google drive for committee members for things like membership lists and financial stuff.

I have also got a quote for some double sided business cards to be used as membership cards - 100 for £15

Hows the logo competition going Soupy? Hope we have some good entries! cant wait to see what they look like, as we can then start the ball rolling with the membership cards.

As for membership, I am going to print off a bunch of membership 'packs' that will include the form, observing etiquette etc and bring those to the first meeting so we can start the ball rolling signing people up.

Also got a first draft of the meeting agenda sorted, I'll post that up to the google drive at some point in the next day or two.

Bank account, being dealt with by email. should be sorted for the first meeting though.

ermmmmm, anything else that needs looking at before next week?

Nick

WADAS flyer.docx

What about SGL site admin putting the scrolling banner across the top of here?

I messaged the admin I spoke to in June about the society, but I've not had a reply as of yet, if I don't get by the time I'm home I'll another just in case he's away.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Not set up the twitter account as yet as was waiting to see what everyone thinks at the next meeting but can go ahead and set it up and start getting some interest in it.

As for flyers at Green Witch was going to go Saturday but he was not open due to Keeling Star Party but will be going either tonight or Tomoz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Not set up the twitter account as yet as was waiting to see what everyone thinks at the next meeting but can go ahead and set it up and start getting some interest in it.

As for flyers at Green Witch was going to go Saturday but he was not open due to Keeling Star Party but will be going either tonight or Tomoz.

I thought someone had already started a twitter account (@WADASOC)?

I thought someone had already started a twitter account (@WADASOC)?

It's a new one on me I thought we arrange at the last meet that I was going to sort that part, I've not heard anything on the twitter part.

Enjoyed meeting up with Astronomer69 on Sat night at Sutton Bank. The views from there are quite spectacular. Should hopefully be able to make the first WADAS meeting too.

That weird animal was still carrying on making a racket till about 6 about an hour after you left it sounded like there were too of the fighting, what ever it was it was some sort of cat the way it was squealing.

That weird animal was still carrying on making a racket till about 6 about an hour after you left it sounded like there were too of the fighting, what ever it was it was some sort of cat the way it was squealing.

Ha ha, no idea what that animal was. Glad it didn't decide to attack you after I'd left you on your own.

Looking great on the flyer part then...I have flyered around Highburton library and local shops will try the local garden centres as well this week (Armitages and Rockwood)  things are coming together nicely. Thanks for all the effort Nick and every one else.

I am not back in school until next Monday now but will email to see how the comp. is going, the deadline for entries to school is the 10th then i will get the 4 top entries and bring them along to the meeting. Spoke to Kieran the other day about when he drops the flyers off to Lee at Green Witch to see if he wants to come along to the meeting and present the bins to the winner. I might try to get a run over there before the end of the week just to clarify, when are you thinking of going across Kieran?

The twitter account has already been set up yes, it is @WADASOC just needs Kieran to look after it if possible, password is as already been agreed if you cant remember it pm me Kieran.

Anybody out cloud dodging tonight? (Damian) :grin:

Shrews squeal Kieran, maybe was one of those?

Archived