Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Here's my scope

Doc

Here's my Tal 100R....

Used it a fair bit last year, but this years been dissapointing.

Having an extension and consevatory built soon and willkeep the Tal fully assembled in the conservatory, so when the couds finally break and just lift and take outside.

Moon is awesome in it as are Saturn and Jupiter. I can see at least 4 of Jupiters moons.

It's also great a splitting doubles.

Mick

10000012ro4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have one of those when they 1st appeared over here (late 1999). It was a great scope - optically superb for an achromat. Yours really looks the part Mick.

John

One of the best achromats available - should've kept mine :wink:

The OTA's still come up from time to time used - one went for £75 recently I think - must be one of the best value buys out there I should think.

John

It's one of the originals bought it in 2000.

Great scope for the money, only problem is it really needs a bigger mount.

At least 4 secs for the wobbles to die down

Yeah, well. You live & learn don't you... Maybe at some point I'll get a nice shiny one. One of my sisters is planning on borrowing it for a while so her and husband can get some low power views. It'll do them to start with.

Tony..

That wobble on your mount is odd Mick. Others may know better but I think it is the same mount as the Tal1 reflector. May be the reflector is lighter but I found the mount very solid. It was firmly fixed to a pedestal mount but that wooden tripod should do a great job as well. Excellent choice of scope.

That wobble on your mount is odd Mick. Others may know better but I think it is the same mount as the Tal1 reflector. May be the reflector is lighter but I found the mount very solid. It was firmly fixed to a pedestal mount but that wooden tripod should do a great job as well.

Yup - should be great. Only met one mount that must've been a friday afternoon job. Gotta make sure the top leg clamps on the tripod are good and tight - same goes for the central bolt fixin mount to 'pod.

Again - crackin scope 8)

Oops - Simpsons is on now :wink:

Archived