Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 with C6 XLT

russ

Second image with the C6. Discovered an annoying fault with the C6 that plagued my C8 too. Well actually two faults. Image shift and focus overrun. Image shift seemed quite pronounced last night....very annoying. But more annoying still was the tendency to continue focusing when I had removed my fingers from the focuser. :x

Focus is not quite right (thanks C6.....not!) and polar alignment way off (thanks Russ....not!) :)

25 x 49secs @ 1600iso with 300D at prime focus (1500mm fl). No guiding yet (but very soon.. 8) ).

Sky was pretty good. Could see some detail Milkyway naked eye....very nice! Also had a nice time visually with the SLT102 while the other setup plodded away with the camera.

Russ

post-12650-133877328917_thumb.jpg

Took a picture of that myself last night but guess who didn't

tighten up the RA clutch

hmm done that myself :) hopefully we'll get another clear night soon for another crack :)

Thanks KK...hopefully nail it next time :?

Nice result, outer ears comming though well. afro

Really needed to do 2min subs but without guiding it's asking too much of the mount. But as my guide camera has just arrived :) that'll be next time.

Russ

Problems are part and parcel of this game. That's what makes it challenging.

You got a great image of M27 Rus., in spite of the difficulties. Imagine what you will do when everything is A1.

Ron. :)

Archived