Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Might get a session tonight?!?!

freelander86

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear skies here, too! Was delighted driving back home a few hours ago to see the clouds clearing! Have just spent an hour or so outside (finally aligned my finderscope - thanks Betelgeuse!), mostly on the Orion Nebula, the moon and Mars, although to be honest just seeing the stars for the first time in almost a week was a joy!

Now hoping that the clouds stay away for when Saturn makes its appearance over my back garden in a couple of hours!

Gah! Set alarm to wake after a couple of hours, only to find its clouded over so I can barely see the Moon (just a vague grey blob hiding behind the clouds) let alone Saturn and Mars, my main targets for tonight :icon_eek:. Gutted, plus I now have annoyed wife by waking her up for no gain :).

Oh well, back to bed - maybe better luck next time!

My SynScan hand controller was really feeling the effects of the cold - trying to slew to a named star (which involved scrolling through a pretty long list) was incredibly sluggish.

Had pretty much a similar effect on my braincells too!

-11C in East Nott's (Radcliffe On Trent) last night. Coldest I have been out in the UK (-58C in drilling rigs East Russia before) standing still. People must have thought who is this nutter !:)

You can forget how cold it can be - all dew had frozen over on my kit ! Good fun all the same but in my case need better gloves. A common problem I am sure.

Steve

Archived