Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick Mars Feb 2nd Auto Dob + DFK

Space Cowboy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing image i've been waiting to see your mars and saturn images with the 250 dob and dfk... wonderful detail well done. :) quick question... how often do you have to collimate your scope do you give it a quick tweak before every use...??

regards

Jason

Amazing image i've been waiting to see your mars and saturn images with the 250 dob and dfk... wonderful detail well done. :) quick question... how often do you have to collimate your scope do you give it a quick tweak before every use...??

regards

Jason

Cheers Jason, I collimate every session just a quick tweak with the laser nothing fancy. Scope usually holds very well being a flextube but lately struts have a got rather stiff so needs a tug to extend OTA which knocks collimation out a lot more though I'm now much better at adjusting the secondary mirror lol

George the focal length is f26.4 using a 5x powermate as its prime focus no eyepiece is used.

Good first Mars shots stuart, its steadily increasing size is going to show more and more detail. Hope this freeze is over by opposition.First shot looks pretty tight love the cloud

Cheers Neil! I reckon with Mars at opposition over 40 degrees and good seeing its gonna be finger licking good!! :) Never expected this much detail at 30 odd degrees and wobbly seeing.

Thanks Ben & Alan! Love this scope but I may want a bigger one in the future lol The 14" version looks tasty.:)

Archived