NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cone down to Rosette and beyond

melsky

Sunday night was clear but not particularly transparent so I thought I'd do a wide field HA image, I had tried this area the night before whilst out with Sanmatt but cloud intervened after 6 exposures.

This image is made up from 22 frames of 4 minutes each shot with an 85mm lens on my modded 550D mounted on the Astrotrac.

Can anyone help out with the identification of the 3 nebulae under the Rosette please?

Mel

6761655967_396b0abc8a_o.jpg

Another fabulous Ha widefield. This is truly superb and what a region to see in a single image. Majestic stuff.

It cries out to be linked to your beautiful Orion widefield. Registar can handle that. I'd be glad to do it for you if you don't have Registar.

Olly

It's great to see a sense of scale in this area. I see 'christmas tree' and 'cone' pics quite often. Now I see them next to the Rosette I appreciate their relative size, position and brightness. The dark area top right is amazingly dark compared to the vast number of stars in the rest of the image. Brilliant image.

Archived