Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aurora over Wick river 22/01/2012

thank you Kevin

it was a lovely sight to see,i love the aurora,its so beautiful,makes you feel so lucky to see it.

Did you fix my spelling mistake in the title? well who ever it was thank you for sparing my blushes

cheers :)

That is a stunning image. I am so envious of all of you folk that got to glimpse the aurora this week. I didnt even hear about it til after the event. If i'd known............i might just have had to take a road trip to Donegal (the most northern part of Ireland) to see if i could see it.

thank you so much for the lovely comment

at the time i took the photo the trees were lit up by the police station's security light which was high up on the embankment behind us (myself and avatar19661_1.gif spider72) but it was'nt bright enough to spoil our night vision,it looked like white light to me but the aurora must have tinted the light green,well thats what i think,i could be wrong

This is lovely, the green in the framing trees compliments the sky.

thank you so much for the lovely comment

at the time i took the photo the trees were lit up by the police station's security light which was high up on the embankment behind us (myself and avatar19661_1.gif spider72) but it was'nt bright enough to spoil our night vision,it looked like white light to me but the aurora must have tinted the light green,well thats what i think,i could be wrong

You're welcome, as I said before it's a lovely image.

It could be something to do with the aurora or a colour cast from the polices lights but usually you get a green cast from fluorescent lights.

Archived