Hello SGL

Dan_Solo

I've been into astronomy for about three/four years, I made the normal beginners mistake and rushed into buying a scope before I really knew what I wanted, I bought a 2nd hand Sky-watcher 130p EQ2 off ebay, which was a very nice telescope compared to the Tasco one I had when I was a teenager but it was just to large to transport around and to store in my house, the tripod ended up in the garage whilst the telescope was in the upstairs junk room, which in the long run just ended up collecting dust as I just looked at the sky with a pair of old binoculars or by eye.

Since I sold the sky-watcher I have regretted it as I replaced it with a Celestron first scope which on a nice clear night is OK for looking at the moon but not much else You can just make out Jupiter's moons, but only just (mainly down to light pollution)

So at the moment I'm on the look out for a low budget (decent) pair of Binoculars which can be mounted to a tripod if I wanted to, maybe a pair of Celestron 15x70, Revelation 15x70 or a Nipon 20x80 so any advice would be appreciated if anyone has used any of these or recommend any other makes models.

Cheers:)

Hi Dan, welcome to SGL. I have Celestron 15x70 bins and find them very good, having said that, the views are very similar to those you describe through your scope; the main difference would be the FOV, which is greater (4.4 degrees) in the bins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived