Newb from Manchester !

bumdump1

Hi all

Just bought a Meade ETX105 with Meade 4000 eyepiece set.

I've only ever used a Tasco 'cataloge special' back in my teens, I sold it after realising I'd spent an hour looking at street light.

A friend bought the 105 for £450 but then decided to buy a ETX125, so I bought the ETX105 for £300 which came with a 6.4mm EP, deluxe tripod, meade camera and autostar controller, I've purchased the Meade EP set myself.

I've not used it yet, well just to aligned the view finder scope, the weather in my part of the sky has been cloudy since!

Its a steep learning curve but I enjoy the challenge and looking forward to learning as its a subject that has interested me for a ong time, so I hope I can become a productive member.

Thanks

Matt

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum.

I've only ever used a Tasco 'cataloge special' back in my teens, I sold it after realising I'd spent an hour looking at street light.

lol, well we've all done silly things in this hobby I can assure you, so next time don't sell your equipment out of shame! :D

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum. We have all done daft things in astronomy - the trouble is I am still doing them! Lots of info and help on here is you want to do more daft things and don't forget the search button at the top of the page (...if you haven't spotted it already) as it contains loads of past questions and responses and is a pretty detailed resource too.

Clearer skies

James

lol :)

Welcome aboard, am sure you will have a more productive experience with the ETX

p.s. like your username

Archived