Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OH MY GOD

Craig20264

Well, i'm back.

It's all together, hopefully collimated correctly, plenty of swearing and pulling out of hair involved, now she's outside cooling off ready for later. The clouds are dispersing so all looks promising.

Quick question, should there be some sort of end cap/cover plate for the primary mirror end, externally I mean of course, it just doesn't look finished?

you can change your sig now :)

Be sure to include some everyday objects in the pics so i can get a feel for the size please :)

Also, does it have a quick release mounting shoe on it? all the pics i've seen have been from a not very helpful angle so i can't tell, here's a pic of what i mean -

Should look similar to this - ScopeTeknix ScopeTeknix Quick Release finder mounting shoe

For mounting something like this - Antares Red dot finder on quick release foot for Skywatcher, Helios and Orion scopes

Edit: nice pics :)

great scope and you'll love it. I predict a Telrad in your future and possibly a right angle finder. a seat will also make your observing more comfy - luckily at that eyepiece height a standard garden chair should be fine!

the mirror is exposed at the rear to effect better cooling.

great scope and you'll love it. I predict a Telrad in your future and possibly a right angle finder. a seat will also make your observing more comfy - luckily at that eyepiece height a standard garden chair should be fine!

the mirror is exposed at the rear to effect better cooling.

I think a right angled finderscope is a definate.

Makes sense now to leave the mirror exposed, cheers for the explanation

Archived