Hello from Felixstowe, Suffolk

AndyGoodchild

Hi everyone,

I'm one of those "suffering" from the Brian Cox / BBC Stargazing effect! I've always been interested in the night sky and always like to look up and wonder what is going on up there but never looked into Astronomy properly.

I've just been out in my garden with my little binoculars for the first time. The only thing I really know is Orion's Belt so hopefully I will be able to learn even more.

Cheers

Andy

HI Andy and welcome to the forum. You've certainly come to the right place to be cured or least temporarily, that is until you start buying a scope and then what is known as 'aperture fever' kicks in but we can deal with that later! :D:D

To help get around the sky and to know where everything is, why not try using a FREE program called Stellarium, you can see it here. Plenty of toys on it to help you locate and identify objects, as well as learning the night sky. You can advance the date/time to see what is around later on or tomorrow night so helps plan your viewing -enjoy even when its cloudy!

Clear skies

James

Archived