Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 12 inch Reflector

Stargazer1980 is correct.

I speak of Newtonians not Dobsonians. I guess there won't be much difference in the OTA.

Spoke to Steve at FLO about this a few months back, but I guess info about it is still not forthcoming. On the Optical Vision website but not Skywatchers.

However, to digress slightly, this looks interesting: http://www.sky-watcher.net/swtinc/product.php?id=123&class1=1&class2=101

Blinky

Last time I looked I had a 10 inch Newt hence my interest in a 12 inch version.

Without sounding too much like a line from a 'Carry-on' film, I have always hankered after 12 inches :police:

The Europa does have excellent optics, but on problem is that the focuser hole is only big enough to accept a 1.25 inch focuser. I would very much like to fit a Crayford but this would mean drilling a bigger hole in a very thin aluminium tube or going to the expense of sending it all back to OO.

Sadly, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I wish I had known more when I originally bought the scope. I didn't expect to get into imaging in the way I have and focusing becomes much more important for that.

Geppetto

If (and it's a big if) I don't decide to upgrade my Europa I would want to look at the 12 inch Skywatcher as an alernative which would mean an EQ6 mount for sure. There are of course other options to consider.

Would like to know what the price would be and even see one if I get the chance. It will be a big beast, but the question is - how big in relation to what I have already?

Geoff

Steve

Thanks for the info. By the way, any news on my trial Baader Skysurfer?

As I first saw mention of the new reflector in February, it's a shame it's so long between the announcement and the appearance.

Geoff

Steve (Flo) Brought one to the starparty in Wales... :police:

It's in my garage at the mo waiting collection... 8)

...and I'm sat behind my front door awaiting delivery :D :D

It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure :D

With the amount of stock Steve is carrying he asked if he could keep the scope in my garage as it's secure and huge..Till Telescope House could collect it..

Which should be this week....If not then I will use it as a new grain silo.. :police:

Archived