NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

scope for viewing Pluto

sunshine185

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thing is though someone is going to be mighty disappointed when this 'telescope' turns up on their step.

That's true Dex, but as E621Keith suggests, it would be very surprising that someone would part with £200+ without at least checking out whether it was worth it.

From just a simple search I've seen that there's a 150P on EQ3-2 currently going for £137, which at least is a decent scope/mount...!

Anyway, I'm watching daisy's scope just to see if anyone actually bids on it....

Best Wishes,

That's true Dex, but as E621Keith suggests, it would be very surprising that someone would part with £200+ without at least checking out whether it was worth it.

From just a simple search I've seen that there's a 150P on EQ3-2 currently going for £137, which at least is a decent scope/mount...!

Anyway, I'm watching daisy's scope just to see if anyone actually bids on it....

Best Wishes,

Agreed,

But if the person is new to Astronomy and does not have a clue about the size of telescopes they are going to say "wow, I can see Pluto with this one".

Very sad indeed :(

I have emailed to ask for proof that this scope can view pluto, but in hindsight it would be a good idea to report it to ebay, it worrys me that a kid might blow a load of christmas money on a piece of rubbish

Ebay's reporting system is as much use as a eunuch in a harem ... great at being obstructive, but no use at all when it comes to doing anything fruitful. It restricts you to selecting one from no-appropriate options. I finally resorted to answering 'no' to their 'did this help page help' question on "How can I report a listing that appears to be breaching eBay rules and policies?" and when they asked me why wrote:

"Your report button does not give me the appropriate option. Item 220925391480 is being misrepresented in the DESCRIPTION (not title). It is a telescope that is totally inappropriate for seeing Pluto. See http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/169567-scope-viewing-pluto.html for more details."

I doubt if it will do any good, but we've got to do all we can to save some potential astronomer from this skumbag.

Hello again,

An update:

Daisy responded to my ebay message stating that she has now withdrawn this item from sale.

I checked and having first been reduced to a starting bid of £90, it has indeed been ended as it "is no longer available".

I'm glad that she's seen sense, and that we have perhaps saved someone from disappointment....

Jim

"Dear demonperformer,

this is daisy,s bf you can see pluto really clear evan i have seen it so u

dont no what your on about my scope it really expencive i have you no

-daisy040448"

I guess that answers that question ...

Wow my ears hurt. I hope they sell the scope and spend the money on some grammar / spelling, lessons. Though what you can do with £2.50. I dont know.

Worst eBayer I've ever seen...also lying in the other item being sold which is that kite. They "payed" over 500 for it, yet they bought it from another eBayer a few months ago for £175...what a complete disgrace

Worst eBayer I've ever seen...also lying in the other item being sold which is that kite. They "payed" over 500 for it, yet they bought it from another eBayer a few months ago for £175...what a complete disgrace

Oh yeah, I see what you mean!!

What a con!!

Jim

Archived