Newbie NE England saying a Hello

Rocknuts

Evening folks!

I'm Craig from NE, UK. I've had an interest in astronomy since childhood but never have I been serious about it until quite recently. I can't explain it but something has just clicked!

Absolutely loved Proff Brian Cox's 2 series on the universe and solar system and it has kick started me to get up and take a proper look up there! So after looking at the moon through a very very basic telescope which the mother in law got me for Christmas ( just a £25 scope ), I've just placed an order for a pair of Helios Quantum 4 bins 15x70's. I feel this is a good point to start. Spending hundreds on a telescope at this stage is not the best idea I'm sure you will agree. Hope I've made a good desicion on the Quantums!!!

Craig

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all those warm welcomes.

I will definately be getting a tripod for my bins yes. And my telescope, already looking into the skywatcher 200p as it seems a very popular choice and nicely priced. All I have at the minute ( no laughing ) are the worst pair of 7x35 bins you could dream of but it's not stopping me finding my way around the nightsky. I was chuffed to bits last night as Mars was pretty impressive just with the naked eye. I have a pretty good ap on the iPhone called stellarium which is a great tool. To be looking at a star then to find out its Betleguise which dwarfs our own sun last night was mind blowing for me!! Space is definately a big place :(

Archived