Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Optics and telescope advice

Kluson

Hi There

does anyone know how to contact these guys. I have phoned and left a message but so far no return call. I wanted to ask a bit of advice. My wife and I have been saving our pennies for quite a while now and seem set on the Celestron 6SE, but for a little more we could go down the refractor route. We both enjoy photography, my wife especially and she is a dab hand with photoshop and completed an A level photography qualification recently. We would like to get into astro photography eventually . We have been finding our way around the sky with our Binoculars and just now have some worries as to the best way to go. William Optics refractor, Vixen ? which mount?

would the refractor offer greater longevity than the SE6?

Any advice welcome, Ideally I would like to speak to the guys at First Light

Many thanks and Happy New Year

If you want to get into AP, then you should get First Light Optics - Making Every Photon Count - Steve Richards first off. I don't know the mount for the 6SE, but it's an AltAz (I think it's got a wedge), and that's not ideal for deep sky. It would be great for the moon and planets, but that then needs a different camera setup...

Hiya

Thanks yes agreed , which is why we are thinking refractor with a eq mount. I'm sure the SE6 would be great for the Moon and Planets , but we may regret not going for the refractor which would allow us a little more versatility?

Try and get in now before the next Stargazing LIVE is aired. I'm sure FLO are all geared up and ready for it this time. :)

After the last extravaganza they could bearly keep up with the orders. I think Steve coined it the ' Brian Cox factor'.

Archived